We are proud to offer a wide variety of Sunday School classes here at CFBC which each getting start at 9:45AM. While we generally base classes off of gender and age, we encourage you to plug in where you feel most comfortable so long as it isn’t a conflict or a distraction. Take a look through some of the class descriptions below and feel free to contact the church office if you’d like more information or to set up a visit and we’ll make sure you hear from one of our teachers!
Babies & Toddlers
We are happy to offer childcare services for our little’s during the Sunday School hour. Our two nurseries (newborn to eighteen months & eighteen months through potty-trained) provide a safe, clean place for your children to be cared for while you go and engage with other adults, even if only for an hour! We have a wonderful rotation of adults who go above and beyond to make sure your entire family can be cared for during the Sunday School hour
- Nursery One – Room 200
- Nursery Two – Room 202
Pre-School & Kids
Our children’s Sunday School is broken down into three classes: preschool & kindergarten, 1st through 3rd grade, & 4th through 6th grade. Class time consists of brief lesson videos, object lessons, activity pages, and Bible stories. Each of these classes uses an age appropriate version of The Gospel Project, which is a 3 Year journey through the entire Bible. That means if your child begins our Sunday School program in Preschool, he or she will go through the Bible THREE times before entering into our Student Ministry! How awesome is that?
- Preschool & Kindergarten – Room 201
- 1st through 3rd Grade – Room 208
- 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade – Room 205
Student Ministry & College
The middle school, high school and college years are extremely important in grounding yourself in God’s Word and surrounding yourself with fellow believers who will strive to grow in Christ with you. We provide our student ministry and college ministry with their own space to have challenging conversations that come from Scripture and supplement those conversations a wide variety of Biblical resources. Each of these classes implement our Right Now Media subscription and are usually moving into a new series every month or 6-8 weeks.
- “Unashamed” – Student Ministry – Room 207 (main building) – This class consists of 7th-12th graders who are learning how to live out their lives for Christ together and be unashamed for Jesus Christ. Studies consist of apologetic courses through Right Now Media and Bible survey series as well. Snacks are generally provided but not guarantee.
- “Impact” * College & Career Ministry – Room 306 (upstairs in the FLC) – Here’s a note from our Impact teachers: ” We are a collaborative group of students and young adults that seek Christ together. We try to get together once a month for lunch as well as take one retreat/conference per year! We look forward to serving a growing deeper in Christ with you!”
- Brothers in Christ – Room 204 – Taught by Jason Myers, Steve Crouse, & Ken Morgan – Here’s a note from Jason Myers: “We study books of the Bible by reading the text verse by verse. We also use various sources of media to assist our discussions. We are an all male class with age range from 30 to 60 years old and get together quarterly with the Ladies Class and Common Ground.
- Fidelis – Room 101 – Taught by Patsy Jones – Curriculum: Explore the Bible. Here’s a note from Ms. Patsy: “Fidelis means faithful. Our class has been in existence from 35+ years. We are a loving, caring, and praying group of ladies that support one another especially in times of need.”
- Common Ground – Room 302 – Taught by David Ray – Curriculum: Small Group from Lifeway and Right Now Media studies. Here is a note from David Ray: “We are a discussion based class with lots of conversation. We welcome any couple that is looking for somewhere to go regardless of age or gender. Generally our ages range from 30’s – 50’s and our kid’s ages range from 5 to 20’s. We get together quarterly for lunch with two other classes and we meet on our own for Christmas each year.”
- Betherean – Room 100 – Taught by Dwayne Patton – Curriculum: Explore the Bible. Here’s a note from our Betherean class: ” An outstanding teacher with a loving and praying class. After our lesson is taught we have 15-20 minutes of dedicated prayer time. We are active in missions programs: we help finance the MorningStar Children’s Home in Peru, Lottie Moon & Operation Christmas Child, FCA, MCHS Homeless Students. In time of need we give donations to class members and families, friends, and others in the community. We also provide meals for class members during sickness and death.” The first Sunday of each month of each quarter this class meets in our Family Life Center for a covered dish lunch following morning worship service. They also meet together in December for a Christmas dinner.
- Journey – Room 102 – Taught by Rita Brannon – Topical Bible Studies. Here is a note from Mrs. Rita: “If you are looking for a ladies class to develop friendships with the common bond of Jesus than Journey is for you. If you are looking to share your Bible skills and knowledge through the use of various means than Journey is for you. Come, let’s Journey together!” Journey gathers outside of class for added fellowship as well as celebrating birthdays with light refreshments during class and uses a class blessing basket to encourage members within the class. Journey uses another gift basket to help and encourage those who may be experiencing difficult times.